This tour begins at low tide as the waves shift to one side of the Whale’s Tail, which is a good spot for snorkeling. Paddling to this point will take between 30 to 45 minutes. The snorkeling portion of the tour will take between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours and will give you the opportunity to see a variety of fish and coral species, such as Giant Conch, starfish, Parrotfish Snapper, Damsels, eels, Moorish Idol, Surgeon Fish, and various types of coral species. Catch a wave and ride back into shore on your kayak. Then, enter a small mangrove forest in Ballena Marine Park where it is possible to spot sea birds, toucans, and some small reptiles.
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Duration: half-day, departure time is tide-dependent
- Difficulty Level: moderate
- Includes: transfers, guide, entrance, equipment
- What to Bring: sandals or water shoes, swimwear, towel, light clothing, sunscreen, hat, or bandana
- Tour Type: active, nature