This multi-sport adventure is perfect for the independent traveler! Explore Costa Rica’s capital city. Then, stay at a remote rainforest eco-lodge, tour Corcovado National Park, and discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cano Island. Finally, visit Arenal Volcano, where you will raft, rappel, and zipline through the rainforest!
$4135 per adult, single occupancy
Price valid until: October 31, 2019
San Jose, Osa Peninsula, Arenal Volcano
9 days / 8 nights
Adventure Vacation Packages to Costa Rica
Our Costa Rica adventure vacations are perfect for travelers of all types, so whether you’re a seasoned voyager looking for your next thrill, or a novice explorer eager to shake things up, you’ll be happy you decided to adventure in this country. We've been planning vacations to Costa Rica for over 27 years – let us help you decide just what kind of adventure you want to embark upon!
Adrenaline-Pumping Costa Rica Adventures for Thrill Seekers
If an adventure is what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place. With both the Pacific and Caribbean oceans, winding rivers, more than 60 volcanoes, and a whopping 25% of the land protected, Costa Rica has become a world-renowned adventure location. Due to its myriad of different terrains, you’re guaranteed to meet your excitement quota on one of our Costa Rica adventure vacations! Some of the activities that are most popular with our clients are:
- White Water Rafting - Costa Rica’s 14 major river systems provide plenty of action for rafters. There are also plenty of options, so both the experienced rafter and the newcomer can have their fun.
- Zip Lining - Experience the rainforest like only a swinging monkey can. The hanging bridge and canopy tours are exhilarating, and fun for the whole family.
- Kayaking - Take a tour on one of the many river systems in Costa Rica, or along the gorgeous coastline. Kayaking tours are a completely unique way to see the country’s natural beauty.
- Surfing - There is nothing quite like riding waves as you gaze upon the untouched beaches that seem to stretch forever in either direction. The experts love to surf in Costa Rica, but plenty of beginners take lessons as well.
- Hiking - There is so much to see in this country that hiking is a must. How else are you going to reach those hidden waterfall gems sprinkled throughout Costa Rica?
- Scuba Diving & Snorkeling - If you never look beneath the ocean’s surface, you’ll have missed out on some of the most amazing wildlife this country has to offer. There’s really nothing on Earth like swimming with a 20 ft. wide manta ray.
- ...and plenty more adventure!
Where to find adventure in Costa Rica
Arenal Volcano - Arenal is well-known as the base for many Costa Rica adventure vacations. There are peaks, valleys, rivers, forests—the landscape allows for incredible hikes, and the imposing volcano always provides a stunning backdrop. We recommend ziplining here or take a hanging bridges tour through the canopy of the rainforest, getting a bird's’ eye view of some of the elusive animals that hide there. Afterward, relax with a soak in the natural hot springs of the surrounding volcanoes.
Pacuare River - A whitewater rafting trip down the Pacuare River is always exciting – it’s a world-class rafting destination, with rapids for everyone from the beginner to the expert. Those who decide to stay on the Pacuare River (more information below) will not regret it!
Monteverde Cloud Forest - Take a day to venture to the mysterious and unique Monteverde Cloud Forest, where the clouds hang about the forest canopy.
Manuel Antonio - The Manuel Antonio National Park has one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and is a wonderful place to go for a hike. Hiking, surfing, and kayaking are among the popular activities for visitors to the Manuel Antonio area.
Osa Peninsula - The southern tip of Costa Rica is an ideal destination for travelers who love nature and water activities. The scuba diving and snorkeling in the Pacific is unmissable, and if you want to spend a day watching dolphins and whales this is the spot to do it.
Stay in remote jungle lodges, ideal for adventurous travelers
A journey to the Pacuare Lodge or the Rios Tropicales Lodge is an adventure in and of itself! You can start your adventure from Arenal Volcano or San Jose, and a brisk rafting trip later, you’ll find yourself arriving at an isolated jungle lodge!
Nestled right into the heart of the rainforest, Pacuare Lodge offers gourmet food, friendly Costa Rica hospitality, and an amazing atmosphere. After all, what could be better than a howler monkey wake-up call? The Pacuare Lodge also offers horseback riding, birdwatching tours, ziplining, and hiking– everything you need for your adventurous vacation! Our clients are free to add or substitute an adventure lodge into any of our customizable Costa Rica adventure vacations to create the right balance for you.