Horseback riding in Costa Rica is a great way to enjoy the country’s extraordinary beauty and biodiversity. Explore Costa Rica beaches. Get close to volcanoes. You may even have the opportunity to spot birds and cross paths with elusive wildlife.
Costa Rica Horseback Riding Destinations
An expert favorite is the horseback ride to La Fortuna Waterfall near Arenal Volcano. What could be better than venturing into the rainforest, spotting countless animals, and then taking a bit of a break to swim in the cascading stream of a rainforest waterfall? If you’re looking for something a bit more challenging, in the Cerro Nara Mountains you can choose between a half or full day tour, and ride through the untouched forest in search of monkeys, sloths, and anteaters.
Another fun activity during the summer months is to check out one of the rodeos! Nearly every weekend in Guanacaste you will find rodeos or bull fights going on. Don’t worry about the bull – the Costa Rica version is bloodless and it’s forbidden for any bullfighters to stab or harm the bull in any way. Unlike the Spanish version, in Costa Rica it’s the bull you’re cheering for!
Best Costa Rica Horseback Riding Tours
- Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall | Arenal
- Hacienda Pozo Azul Rafting & Horseback Ride | Cloud Forest
- Hacienda Pozo Azul Zipline & Horseback Ride | Cloud Forest
- El Silencio Horseback Riding | Cloud Forest
- Guanacaste Horseback Riding
- Bijagual Waterfall Horseback Ride | Central Pacific
- Cerro Nara Mountains Horseback Riding
- Cloud Forest Horseback Riding | Monteverde