Early this morning, transfer by ground to Uvita beach. Here you will board a boat for a 1.5 – 2-hour journey to Cano Island, about 30 miles off the coast. The island is surrounded by five platforms of low coral reef, home to parrotfish, Crocodile Needlefish, Puffer, Cornet fish, and schools of Jack Fish. You might also spot sea turtles, stingrays, morays, and white tip sharks. You will snorkel for about 2 hours in two different locations in front of the Island. After the tour you will have a picnic lunch on a beautiful beach on Violines Island, surrounded by lush vegetation (only if ocean conditions are normal – if not you will return to the coast and set up the lunch on Uvita beach).
*The boat is not anchored at a dock, so you’ll have to wade through small waves to enter the boat.
- Minimum Age: 5 years
- Passenger Minimum: 6
- Duration: full day, departs early in the morning and returns late afternoon
- Difficulty Level: moderate, be prepared to board the boat from the beach in knee-high water
- Includes: transfers, guide, entrance, lunch
- What to Bring: sandals or water shoes, swimwear, towel light clothing, light jacket or poncho, sunscreen, hat or bandana
- Tour Type: active, nature