The Don Juan Coffee & Chocolate Tour gives insight into the world of coffee, chocolate, and sugarcane production in Costa Rica. The tour begins with an introduction to the life cycle of the coffee plant. You’ll learn how coffee cherries are picked, see the way the pulp was originally removed, visit the drying patio and the warehouse. Then, discover the history of the cocoa pod, make your own chocolate using traditional recipes, and taste! Try the traditional Costa Rican method of extracting sugar cane juice and taste test. Finally, return to the restaurant to enjoy a cup of coffee and browse the collection of culinary souvenirs.
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Duration: Half-day, departs early in the morning, and returns in time for lunch. Afternoon departures sometimes available.
- Difficulty Level: easy with some inclines
- Includes: transfers, guide, entrance
- What to Bring: closed-toe shoes(required), comfortable clothing, rain jacket or poncho (rainy season), sunscreen, bug spray, hat, or bandana
- Tour Type: nature, active