With over 8 miles of trails, 3 scenic viewpoints, and an observation tower, the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve is an exceptional Monteverde hiking experience. During your hike, observe the variety of moss, flowers, lichen, and bromeliads, which together create the magical cloud forest atmosphere. Since wildlife is more active in the morning it is best to arrive early!
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Duration: Half-day, departs early in the morning, and returns in time for lunch. Afternoon departures sometimes available.
- Difficulty Level: easy with some inclines
- Includes: transfers, guide, entrance
- What to Bring: closed-toe shoes (required), comfortable clothing, rain jacket or poncho (rainy season), sunscreen, bug spray, hat, or bandana
- Tour Type: nature, active