You’ll depart San Jose and head to Alajuela, driving through coffee plantations and strawberry farms before arriving at a higher cloud forest altitude. Arrive at Poas Volcano, which is one of the more active volcanos in central Costa Rica. It is not uncommon to see a continuous flow of steam spewing out of the crater. Spend time overlooking the impressive crater (visibility weather dependent), then hike a trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon as your guide explains the different ecosystems in the park.
- Duration: half-day, departs in the morning and returns in time for lunch
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Difficulty Level: easy/moderate with some inclines
- Includes: transfers, guide, and entrance
- What to Bring: comfortable shoes, light clothing, light jacket or sweater, sunscreen, hat
- Tour Type: nature, active