The Palo Verde National Park is one of Costa Rica’s important wetland ecosystems. The wetlands of Palo Verde are a great destination for wildlife and bird watching. As you explore the park with your guide by boat, keep an eye out for crocodiles, roseate spoonbills, and other local animals. After a tasty lunch, you’ll head to the artisan village of Guaitil, to observe artists and the crafts that represent Costa Rica’s Pre-Columbian heritage.
- Duration: full day, departs in the morning and returns after lunch
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Difficulty: easy/moderate
- Includes: transportation, entrance, guide, lunch
- What to Bring: sunscreen, comfortable clothes and shoes, sunglasses, hat, spending money
- Tour Type: cultural, family, nature