The Ballena Marine National Park Snorkeling Tour showcases vibrant coral reefs and incredible fish diversity. Depart from Punta Uvita Beach and visit the great snorkeling treasures of the Marino Ballena National Park: reefs of Ballena Island, Tres Hermanas Islets, and the Punta Uvita or “Whale’s Tail.” You can find parrotfish, butterflyfish, blue surgeonfish, and a great number of starfish at a depth that ranges from 1 to 3 meters. Your guide will spend an hour at each reef searching for and directing you toward the marine life, and then provide an explanation of what you saw when you are back on the boat.
*The boat is not anchored at a dock, so you’ll have to wade through small waves to enter the boat.
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Duration: half-day, departs in the morning and returns in time for lunch
- Difficulty Level: moderate, be prepared to enter the boat from the beach in knee-high water
- Includes: transfers, guide, equipment, entrance
- What to Bring: hat or bandana, sunscreen, swimwear, towel comfortable clothes, sandals or water shoes, day bag for essentials
- Tour Type: nature, active