Early this morning, meet your guide for a drive to Costa Rica’s Central Highlands. On the way, you’ll stop at the Doka Coffee Estate for breakfast and a brief tour of the coffee plantation. Some of the best coffee in Costa Rica comes from the Doka Estate, and you’ll have the chance to witness the ancient techniques used to produce it! After, you’ll head off toward the Poas Volcano, where the sulfur fumaroles and the water-filled crater give stunning views on a clear day. Finally, head for La Paz Waterfall Gardens, where you’ll enjoy lunch and take a hike to a waterfall. Inside the park, explore the butterfly observatory, serpentarium, frog exhibit, hummingbird garden, massive tropical bird Aviary, and more. The drive back to San Jose takes about one hour.
Continue to La Paz Waterfall Gardens. Leisurely explore and enjoy waterfalls, rainforests, hummingbirds, butterflies, orchids, and tropical flowers. Finish with a tasty lunch before returning to your San Jose hotel.
- Minimum Age: 3 years
- Duration: full day, departs early in the morning and returns mid-late afternoon
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Difficulty Level: easy with some stairs and inclines
- Includes: transfers, guide, entrance, breakfast, and lunch
- What to Bring: comfortable clothing, light jacket or sweater, sunscreen, hat, or bandana,
- Tour Type: active, nature, cultural