Start your hike on a rainforest trail that crosses one of the volcano’s old lava flows from 1992. Thanks to the environment around the base of the volcano, you may also spot plants, and wildlife during the hike. Once you have reached the top of the lava flow, stop to enjoy a magnificent view of Lake Arenal. Follow your naturalist guide, who will explain the history of the volcano and help you spot interesting flora and fauna during your hike.
- Duration: Half-day, departs in the morning and returns in time for lunch. Afternoon departures sometimes available.
- Minimum Age: 5 years (recommended for children over 7)
- Passenger Minimum: 2
- Difficulty: easy/moderate with some inclines
- Includes: transfers, guide, entrance
- What to Bring: secure closed-toe hiking shoes or sneakers, comfortable clothes, sunscreen, hat or bandana, bug repellent, raincoat.
- Tour Type: nature, active